The Purpose of Little Way Messengers
To establish a religious order and seminary in southern India, to form zealous missionary priests, to train them in various cultures and languages so that they may be sent to the four corners of the world where there is a shortage of priests under the patronage of St. Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower.
In Southern India (Karnataka) there are over 65 million people and only 2% are Christians.
The late Bishop Rajappa of diocese of Kurmool India had a dream of starting a religious congregation to evangelize non Christian areas like this.
Under the patronage of Bishop Anthony Swamy of India and with the permission of Archbishop Wilton Gregory of Atlanta, Father Balappa Selvaraj took this dream upon himself for the Universal Church.
LOOKING TOWARD 2O17
What We've Achieved
- Acquired 5.5 acres of land.
- Completed construction of the Administration Building
- Built the Seminary building including kitchen, dining hall, dormitories, and classrooms.
- Finished two priest's residences.
- Build a Motherhouse
- Complete the Chapel
- Acquire furniture and equipment
- Scheduled to receive first students in June of 2017!